Like other sensitive people, I did not understand why I was so different which, when I was young, was frightening. At that time being sensitive seemed like a liability, now I think it is an asset - or can be. Being different made me very curious about the world and how it works and why it works the way it does. I was also curious about my fellow human beings and why there was so much unhappiness in the world.
Essentially, I am a synthesist, which means that I investigate ideas and information to seek understanding and insight. My favorite question is "why?" and I seek the best, the deepest and truest answer I can find. That probably explains why I have so many books and am always trying to learn more. Not having a sensitive person to turn to for mentoring which no one did back in the day, has made me rely on books to mentor myself. As a result, I am a great fan of knowledge and learning.
I have always been very creative and approach the world from a creative and curious viewpoint. I see us creating the world we live much like nature is always creating and recreating. The sheer diversity of life is a testament to the creativity of nature of which we are a part. Like most sensitive people I love nature and get a lot of joy from being in it.
Also like most sensitive people, I struggled because I was different. The world generally does not validate the sensitive experience. As a result, many sensitive people do not receive the support they need to become who they are meant to be and I want to change that.
My Areas of Expertise
I have three degrees:
- BA, Tufts University, Medford, MA
- MBA, Babson College, Wellesley, MA
- BFA in Painting and Printmaking, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
I also have completed:
- Post Baccalaureate Certificate in Painting from Maryland Institute College Of Art, Baltimore, MD
- Core Essentials Program (Coaching Certificate), Coach U, FL
- Introduction To Nature Based Coaching, Sagefire Institute
- Reiki Master Program (Certificate), John Harvey Gray and Lourdes Gray, and Libby Barnett, both located in NH.
- NVC Consulting - Online Spiral Dynamics Course
- Flow Consultant Certification, Entrepreneur's Institute.
- Ho'oponopono Certified Practitioner
I started my adult life working in the healthcare field, and after completing my MBA transitioned to the computer industry where I worked for IBM for almost 10 years. Since then I have become a painter, printmaker, and a reiki master/teacher My art website is: Infinite Shape.
For all that I have learned, I always feel that each day the journey is just beginning. I hope this website is helpful to all who visit.
I hope you connect with me online. I can be found at these social sites:
Google Plus Page: Sensitive Evolution