It may not seem obvious but frustration can adversely affect your health.
Please consider the following: you cannot be healthy if your body and being are not getting your needs met. When your needs are being met, you are not frustrated and therefore healthier. You are also more easily functioning at your highest level.
Ideas About Frustration
Frustration is a complicated subject and there are many ways of thinking about it:
- in a capitalistic economic system, the health implications of self denial is not well considered. We are expected to frustrate our needs for rest and balanced living in the pursuit of money.
- frustration can be viewed as a form of caring, when we put someone else’s needs ahead of our own.
- accepting frustration can be a sign of maturity when we accept an imperfect world, that does not always perform as well as we would like
- frustration can have political implications, when some people’s needs are served more than others. An example would be the uneven support for the educational needs of all children.
- spiritual ideas about non-attachment directly deals with problems related to desires and frustration. When we eliminate desires and expectations, we eliminate frustration and the potential abuse that can come from it.
Frustration And Health
- frustration to your body’s functioning means that nutrients and oxygen do not reach your cells causing a form of malnutrition.
- when toxins enter your body and bloodstream they will be distributed throughout your body, impairing the functioning of your cells.
- when your food is not properly digested it enters the blood stream and creates congestion in the body.
- when your digestion does not function properly your immune system does not get the support it needs.
- when you eat too often you do not give your body enough time to fully digest food so it ends up becoming sludge in your body.
- when your nutritional needs are not met, your body is sluggish from toxins, undigested food and lack of sleep, your emotional and mental condition is affected as well.
Taking Control Of Frustration
To understand more about how nutrition and health practices create or eliminate frustration in the body, I recommend the book, Perfect Health, by Deepak Chopra. It is one of the best books available on how to create perfect health.
Taking control of physical discomfort created by not getting our needs met such as getting enough sleep, eating healthy food and eliminating toxins from your body will help you be your best and eliminate the larger unhappiness of not being at your best and the consequences that go with it. Developing wisdom and perspective can help your mental and emotional balance by keeping your expectations and desires and even idealism from harming you.
Tackling the important issue of frustration is a great way to develop greater quality of life and make it easier for you to show up in the best way possible.