If you are having the problems you don’t have to have, you are not having the problems that you have to have.
It’s a saying I have to remind myself that cluttering up my life with problems that are unnecessary is a great way to not get to the “problems” of growing and creating that I really need.
Having the problems I do not have to have is a great way to avoid putting myself out there and it does not feel very good.
The Problems Of HSP’s And Their Hidden Advantage
Highly sensitive people have a particular set of issues which show up in physical, emotional, mental and spiritual challenges that require mindful attention. HSPs experience a higher level of intensity which requires different life strategies. It can be difficult to handle all the intensity but learning to do so is very rewarding.
- Every aspect of life for highly sensitive people demands more of them and as a result, HSPs bring more attention to most things they do. That can become an asset.
- Because of the HSP tendency to sensory overstimulation, they need to manage their lives in such a way that they minimize stress overload. All aspects of life: work, social, family, and management of daily life require careful consideration. This challenge means that a sensitive person can develop greater focus and mindfulness about what they do.
- Highly sensitive people need to monitor the build up of stresses in their lives. We live in a culture where people are expected to put up with significant amounts of stress, which is often perceived as normal. For HSPs, “normal” stress is a non starter. Unfortunately, HSPs may be treated with disrespect and be perceived as weak because of their need to minimize stress in their lives. This challenge can lead to a need to develop better time management skills and optimize one’s health.
- Many HSPs have decided to develop simple ways of living in order to keep unnecessary complexity out of their lives including keeping their diets simple. Simple living can be life saving and freeing for HSPs. HSPs as a result can develop an eagle eye for what is necessary and what isn’t.
- Herbal remedies and health practices like meditation can help to minimize the chance of disease and illness which plague many highly sensitive people. Improved health is a considerable advantage in all aspects of life.
Highly sensitive people are often creative and have the potential to achieve great things. Many are geniuses with special talents. By getting a handle on their daily lives, physical problems and stress issues, they have a chance to have the wonderful “problem” of developing their considerable gifts.